Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fell

Fell




Dear Lord I fell today
You did not leave or walk away

I didn’t fall suddenly to gray
It took time to lose my way

Leaving your hand for a path of clay
Drunk with distractions I began to sway

It took such tiny steps each day
Never did I simply walk away

Over time shadows obscured my way
I never noticed the fading light of Day

Compromise asked me to play
And before long I was too blind to obey

So here at last in muck and mire I lay
My strength and confidence turned to prey

And as my hope begins to fray
I forget even how to pray

There You stand where in Styx cold spray
With Love and outstretched hand you say,

“Stand and wipe your tears away
Take My hand and I’ll lead the Way”

Dear Lord help me to listen and obey
And to stand again every time I fall and stray

No comments:

Post a Comment