Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

What a Twisted Web We Weave...

So we are being given the opportunity to take lead on a cottage we would really love to be on full time. The position would come with free housing and a raise plus more stability. Sounds awesome right?

Well that's where it gets complicated.

You see we have been seeing some very glaring inconsistencies with administration's expectations and their own expressions. These most often get blamed on leads, not relief. This is not a job Jenny or I have been called to long term nor feel like we will be at for a long while. Yet we have no indication of what else might happen.

We cannot truly take advantage of the free housing because we have a cat and they wont allow her.

We don't have any guarantee that taking lead would not sabotage certain other efforts involving a resident's future.

In short it gets complicated, and fast. Will we take it? Baring one objection, yes. Am I totally excited about it? I don't really know. Is it a good thing to be called to full time church/missions ministry and wind up in direct care making the most of it? Is it a good thing to advance at a job that you don't really want long term? I suppose God is the only one who holds those answers, even though others may have opinions. And who knows perhaps Jenny and I founded our future on missed signals and our hearts still lie to us to this day and what we are being called to feels short of what we felt called to be because of our own selfish sinful attitudes. Or perhaps that is the view of people to rich in disappointment and to poor in faith. Again only God knows at this point.

As for me and my house we will serve the Lord. In whatever opportunity He provides. And I will strive to be content in everything never attempting to reach beyond His grace. I also promise to keep the faith and push patiently and passionately into the promise of a calling that He laid upon my heart. That is God's testimony to me, His promise to me, and I refuse to believe He is one to back track and take a path with less resistance. I pray He uses every moment as a prepitory building experience that forms me into the man I need to be to step forward boldly and succeed, not fall flat from starting out to early.


No comments:

Post a Comment