Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Wiggle wiggle???

OK, so I know I am an old fart because I listen to the pop station and wonder what dark abyss musical talent has fallen into and why we can not seem to get it back. That being said I believe we have hit a new low.
Now I recognize that the 80's did a lot of damage to American culture in almost every facet; most especially music and fashion, and that due to an over exposure to illegal substances, shameless pop artists, and Disney the youth culture of today is attempting to relive the 80's. I know that. What I did not expect was that we could outstrip the 80's so completely.
Yesterday as I was transporting girls home I was letting them listen to Star 102.1 the local pop station. Right before we exited the vehicle a song, if that is what you wish to call it, came on and my wife burst with laughing. Well given the reaction I decided I too should hear the lyrical content of the music our children listen too... this is about the time I lost faith in humanities future.
You may know the song called "I'm sexy and I know it." If you do, I am deeply sorry. With lyrics pulled straight from Disney sing alongside and bad sitcoms this 80's sounding beat comes across as a farce. I assure you though, this tune touted as one of the most popular on the radio right now, is no joke. As hard as it may be to believe.
My friends we have been cheated. My parents listen to Lynard Skynard, Bon Jovi, Huie Lewis and the News, and other greats as my siblings and I grew up. What do I have to share with my children? Lady GaGa, Justin Biber, and Wiggle wiggle wiggle...
I call shananagans!

No comments:

Post a Comment