Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Getting Ready…

 

Sammy’s birthday is coming up. His very first one. My baby is turning one year old…. That’s just wrong.

Never the less, we are still getting ready for the day. We’re excited that family gets to come in, and hopefully a good number of friends too. That boy just keeps getting cuter and I love him dearly. I Just wanted to share a quick picture I took of him the other day sitting on the kitchen counter top.

sammy on counter

 

So I’ve been reading through Hebrews, and it has given me a bit on inspiration. I, like many other Christian leaders, believe that a systematic approach to Bible readings will yield more benefit than random reading. However, the most inspirational scripture I read today actually came from a devotional I read from time to time.

 

28 Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ.

Colossians 1:28 (ESV)

 

I was struck by the words chosen here. We are to reach out both in evangelism and discipleship to all of those around us warning and teaching them, with all knowledge? Nope. With an encyclopedia of Biblical languages and tools memorized? Definitely not. No we are to do it with all Wisdom.

Wisdom is the ability to apply our knowledge, God also offers us all the wisdom we ask for. He indeed is our wisdom living and active inside of us through the Holy Spirit. The ability to use what we have, the way He created us to, empowered by Him, to reach those around us. If telling us we are without excuse was not enough, He goes on to lay their maturity in Christ at our feet as well. I don’t think we take the weight of God’s call serious enough.

 

Just a thought…

1 comment:

  1. Wow, man, its like you're a preacher or something. No seriously, thank you for this post. I needed this today. Needed to be reminded of this truth.

    ReplyDelete