Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas shopping...

Jenny and I went Christmas shopping today. It is crazy out there, but it has always been fun to me to go Christmas shopping. This year Jenny picked out most of the gifts online and we simply went on a hunt to find them and move on... which did take out a good bit of the fun. It was still Christmas shopping though and it was  fun.

I keep thinking about Samuel Elijah showing up. I cant wait! It will be to late for this Christmas, but I'm still thinking about him a good bit. I suppose not having a job yet that it is a good thing he wont be here for Christmas. I would want to buy him a lot of stuff.

I figured I would put up the last picture we have of him so far. If you look really close you can see his eye lens and it is really cool.





















I know it isn't the best picture of him, but it will probably be the last one until he meets the world. He is certainly giving Jenny a fun ride. She says it feels like he is trying to bust out of her side. That would be an awkward moment.

Anyway... onto other topics... I wanted to share a book I read recently. The Church of Irresistible Influence.


 This book is fantastic. The idea is that the Church should be well known in its community. We are called to build bridges of influence into our community. We cannot call them over to our side, we must build a safe and consistent bridge of influence into their worlds by which we may cross the cultural divide and walk with them back across.

Of course Lewis and Wilkins do a much better job of explaining the book than I. Again, if your in ministry leadership I believe this book is a must have.

Anyway, that's about all for today, let me know if you have read the book, I'd love to chat about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment