Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve...

Its Christmas Eve! We finally arrived at my wife's parents late last night. So we will be in Chattanooga TN for Christmas. It is interesting taking such a long trip with a VERY pregnant wife. There was one point I thought we were going to have to look for a hospital around Birmingham. Thank the Lord that it was only Braxton hicks.

I wanted to take the time to say a very merry Christmas to everyone. This and Thanksgiving have always been my two favorite times of the year. I love the cold crisp air, the family get togethers and warm fires, and the food and giving. Most of all I love the intimate focus on the peace and poetry of a God of love stepping out of glory to be born among men. Humble and low. To remember the nativity is to remember a God so full of love that nothing would stop Him from reconciling His lost children. The nativity would mean nothing without the Resurrection. We have a living Lord to thank for the gifts He gives us, a living hope. Let that be the source and proof of our joy and warmth this Christmas season.

Speaking of family. I have posted the pictures of Trey and Aurlie here. Well they went on a hike with us through Mammoth Cave National Park. This is where Trey and I used to go running. There is a certain overlook that I wanted to take Jenny to. I used to love running this path. The view was always amazing, and at the very bottom of the valley was a lightly wooded area with lush undergrowth where the deer would graze. From time to time I had the pleasure of running with the deer. Man and deer not 10 yards apart running through sun and trees. The memory means a good bit to me so I thought I would share those pictures.



"Such an oath did the gods make of the imperishable, primevil water of Styx; and it jets down through jagged country."
- Hesiod, Theogony 775 ff

I have a love of Greek mythology. It always seemed to add to the aura of this place, running near caves, waterfalls, and dark green waters.


This is the look out. There is something beautiful about the bone white trees stretching to the brilliant blue sky; patched with ever green and rimmed by still Waters. I hope you enjoy it as much as I! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment