Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Lead Me…

nightoverdome
I’m listening to the song Lead Me by Sanctus Real right now. The song hit me the first time I heard it. As a soon to be father the words quickly became a sort of prayer for me. In some manner the song connects the picture for today. The picture is from a trip my cousin and I took to Yosemite National Park. The sun was well on its way down and I was able to catch the moon hanging low over the mountains known as The Three Brothers. The entire experience was almost unbelievable in its magnitude and beauty, yet the calm nature of this moment catches my heart.

I pray so fervently that God would use me as a husband and Father to shower His love, peace, and security, and I know that His leading is required. This photo reminds me of the feel of standing open heart to God in the beauty of His sanctuary and knowing that I know that I am His and He is mine.

Yosemite is a the very top of my must see list for anyone, it was a life changing moment for me. You come out of this tunnel and around a mountain bend to see the entire valley floor, El Capitan, the Three Brothers, and Half Dome all at once. Words seemed inept in the face of such awe inspiring beauty. To know it was just a touch of the love that God has for us boggles my mind.

Speaking of becoming a father. February 26th is just around the corner and I will admit readily to feeling excited, anxious, nervous, stoked, overwhelmed, and more. As long as it has seemed to take to finally happen, and now it kind of feels like it just jumped up on me. I pray I’m a good dad, a great husband, and an even better man of God.

I’ve been wanting to get a book called Raising Dad: What Fathers & Sons Learn from Each Other  By Thomas and Art Rainer. I think I will too, it looks really good. If you are a Dad, or know a Dad do me a favor click the link and pick one up… we could all use the encouragement.

By the way, if you have noticed the brand new estore section of Zeitgeist of Z let me explain. If you buy something linked through my site or store, or using the amazon search tool on my blog then Amazon will feed some money back to me. I have done this for a couple of reasons. First, I thought it would be nice to be able to recommend items for photography, ministry, or just plain entertainment to you. Second, the money made through the Amazon estore would mean the world to Jenny and I right now as I am still striving to find a job and there are many things we still need for the baby and in general. So, in short, if you are considering shopping through amazon, please do me the favor of doing so through your favorite blog and help me out some too!

No comments:

Post a Comment